It’s late August, which means all you want to do is lie down, prop open a book, and wile away the hours until the temperature takes a nosedive. For the intrepid crowd at IgoUgo, these getaways are the perfect places to kick back over the dog days. Think of them as your own little patches of sun on the carpet.
- Stone Island, Mazatlan, Mexico. Let it all hang out in a hammock shaded by palm leaves. Huck Finn would be proud.
- Gran Canaria, Spain. Not too hot but still warm. The Gloria Palace Amadores hotel looks, as photographer kevin36 says, like bliss.
- Great Siege Memorial, Valleta, Malta. Find a stone bench. Sit down and lean back. Watch as the ships go by.
- Sabino Canyon, Tucson, Arizona. At the end of a long trail, you’ll find an oasis of pools to dip your feet or swim in. Trust us—it isn’t a mirage.
- Ocho Rios, Jamaica You can get spa services on the pier. It’s like a cruise, minus the high costs and seasickness.
- Adelaide Botanic Garden, Adelaide, Australia. This Eden down under has more than just flowers — visitors can check out hundreds of plants taken from around the world.
Other great beach vacations and hotels:
Aruba Vacations and Hotels
Punta Cana Vacations and Hotels
Acapulco Vacations and Hotels
Oahu Vacations and Hotels
Cote D'Azur Vacations and Hotels
Rio de Janeiro Vacations and Hotels
Puerto Rico Vacations and Hotels
Barbados Vacations and Hotels