Maui Stories and Tips

Two Restraunts on Two Levels

Blue Lagoon view of the Wharf Photo, Maui, Hawaii

Moose McGillycuddy’s is at 844 Front Street in Lahaina.
We wanted lunch and decided to go with a recommendation of a former co-worker. One problem. The restaurant is on the second floor and we had a steep stairway to negotiate. One good thing. Being on the second floor we had a fun new perspective on Front Street Lahaina. Marilyn and I each had sliders with a side of onion rings. For sliders they were quite generous and I had left-overs for my next two suppers. Other than the view, I don’t think there was anything special about the place that you can’t get somewhere else on street level.
Blue Lagoon Tropical Bar and Grill is in the Wharf Shopping Center just opposite the Banyan Tree Park at 658 Front Street in Lahaina. What is has going for it is location. It is located on the lower level of the center but can be reached by ramps or elevator. Like many Hawiian restaurants it is indoor/outdoor depending on at what table you are seated. We asked for shade. They provided good music and good service. I had a Teriyaki chicken plate lunch and I’m sure Bill went for the Kalua pork. They aren’t memorable good or bad. Lunch for two with beverages and tip was $31. We could have saved $4 by going to Aloha Mixed Plate, but that is a long walk from here. When in Maui and you have secured a parking spot, make do with what is close by. If it is a great meal, you have found a new treasure. If it was only so-so….so what…you are on Maui look at the beauty around you.