Paradise Island Stories and Tips

Dining at Atlantis

You will find many dining options at the Atlantis Resort. The cuisine varies from tropical to Chinese. The meals tend to be on the pricey side but my wife and I were able to mitigate this somewhat by sharing entrees.

Our day normally started with the huge breakfast buffet at the Marketplace. This restaurant is located in the Royal Towers where we stayed. In addition to its large selection of breakfast foods, there are meat carving stations and made-to-order stations for waffles and omelets. I recommend arriving before 8:30 AM to avoid the long lines. The buffet was $32 per person during our visit. Because we were there as part of the Radio One - One Love Getaway, our cost for this breakfast buffet was covered.

Our best meal during our stay at Atlantis was the lunch we had a Virgil’s Barbeque on our arrival day. My wife and I shared an order of hush puppies with maple butter – heavenly! My wife then had the half-rack of baby back ribs and I had a beef brisket sandwich. As good as the food was, this turned out to be a $67 lunch that we were not able to finish. From that point on, we decided to choose an entrée and share it.

For a change, we tried Chop Stix one evening, the resort’s Chinese restaurant. We had the Kung Pao Chicken but wasn’t crazy about it.

On our final night, we tried Murray’s Deli. I wish we had discovered this place earlier in our vacation. There is a deli counter but the rest of the restaurant is a sit-down diner. The prices were slightly more reasonable than other restaurants in the resort. We arrived there around 9 PM on a Sunday and were seated immediately. I started with a cup of beef barley soup which was good. My wife and I then shared the chicken and waffles dish which was delicious.

We decided to finish off the evening by making the short walk to the Bimini Road restaurant located in the Marina Village. Its cuisine is Caribbean. We were most interested in the pineapple spice cake dessert. We took it back to our hotel room and enjoyed it along with the tropical breezes blowing through our hotel room.