Orlando Stories and Tips

Downtown Disney Day

Characters in Flight Photo, Orlando, Florida

We started off break day with a yummy breakfast at Boma right at our resort. It seemed practically deserted when we went so I wondered if we missed the early morning rush with a 9:30 ADR. Everything was delicious. We all loved the juice. The turkey was heavenly. The pastries were so good.
We then decided to go ahead and hop on a bus for Downtown Disney. We decided to get off at Pleasure Island because we wanted to do Characters in Flight, a hot air (really helium) balloon ride that’s tethered over Downtown Disney. This was a surprise for the kids. Characters in Flight is probably not something I’d do again, but it was nice to do once. Afterward, we did some serious shopping. We took lots of pictures of the Lego creations outside the Lego store. My kids couldn’t believe them. I wish they had signs saying how many legos each one took and how long they took to make.
Then we headed into the Toy Store and my son & husband had fun making a lightsaber together, which of course we then had to buy. Next, we went into Little Mismatched and found a few pairs of mismatched socks for my daughter who is really into that right now along with smelly socks-fruit scented. We did this while my son was building his own remote control car at Ridemakerz. He really loved that.

My daughter made her own T-shirt at Design-A-Tee too. She thought that was just great. They weren't busy at all and said it would only take a few minutes but we left it to pick up after lunch which was a surprise for mom, Wolfgang Puck Express. I'm not sure why, but she loves Wolfgang Puck. She didn’t even know the restaurant was here and was really excited. I had the bacon wrapped meatloaf and mashed potatos. Everyone else had pizza. My husband said it was really good.
We spent the rest of the afternoon & evening exploring our resort. The kids swam, played in the arcade, and participated in some of the activities there, including the Primal Parade they have in the lobby every night.
Then early to bed for the all important Magic Kingdom rope drop the next day, and boy did we have a great day.