Orlando Stories and Tips

Around the World-Epcot's World Showcase, That Is

Kidcot Station Photo, Orlando, Florida

We started out this day with a taxi ride over to the Grand Floridian for a 9:15 breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. It far surpassed my expectations and the fun my Mom had with Mary Poppins would have made it worth it if nothing else, but everything else was wonderful too. My mom was like a kid again and we are still talking about it!

Afterward, the kids were beyond thrilled to finally RIDE one of those monorails they kept seeing! Hmmm, my mom took 696 pictures and my husband and I were each close to 200 but none of us thought to take that…go figure.

Since Epcot was most recommended, that’s where we went focusing on World Showcase. We did a little shopping in Mousegear first, for Mom, then made a stop in the Pixie Hollow Garden that was part of the Flower & Garden Festival. The photopass photographer took some pictures of my daughter that they later added wings onto her and she loved that when she saw the pictures.

Afterward we headed to Canada to begin our grand tour. As we went around the World Showcase it became my husband’s job to scope out the Kidcot stations and take the kids there to get their passports stamped while mom & I did a little shopping and looking around. We lucked out and ran into fun in almost every country. In the UK, the kids got a call in the red phone booths and watched the Showcase Players put on a show. We arrived in France just as Serveur Amusant was beginning. Mom saw an artist in France and wanted the kids' picture done so we stopped for a bit to do that.

In Japan, we saw the Matsuriza drum group which I had really been looking forward. The kids bought paper fans which the CMs wrote their names in Japanese on the back of and they did Pick A Pearl, which I’d also kept a surprise. They were very excited to pick their pearl and see what size pearl they’d chosen. They couldn’t believe they were real pearls.

We had a very late lunch/early dinner at Liberty Inn at the American Adventure after getting pictures with the Buzz and Woody topiaries. We all just loved all the topiaries at Epcot.

Next we headed to Italy and then checked out the train in Germany which my son really liked. The kids pressed pennies everywhere we went. They are a great, cheap souvenir. We then took the friendship boat back across the lagoon and enjoyed Mission Space one last time before heading out for the day.

The next day was a bit of a break day with nothing planned but a little shopping at Downtown Disney but I still had a few surprises up my sleeves for everyone.