Guatemala Stories and Tips

San Pedro La Laguna, Lake Atitlan

Today I ended up doing the boat tour on my own, I was tired and they left at 8am, so I left about 10am and went to a couple of the villages along the lake, plus it was a third of the cost and I did not need breakfast as my hotel already included it. One village, San Marcos was idyllic, only problem is, it was filled with hippies, ha ha ha! I went to couple different ones, but the one I spent the most time in and had lunch and coffee was San Pedro La Laguna. The village is all uphill, so motorcycles and tuk tuks roam the streets in droves, it is quite a sight, cute if you ask me ;)

The highlight of my day was the boat ride back to Panajachel - it was right at sunset and what a gorgeous view it was! I was sitting at the very front of the boat and the lake was calm, so I did not get sprayed the whole way, (unlike the ride over.) I took loads of pictures and a couple of videos. It was one of those moments in life where you feel so small and insignificant compared to the beauty you are surround by. I just felt so lucky and grateful to be here and the chance to do this trip.