Providenciales Stories and Tips

Restaurants in Providenciales

at Da Conch Shack Photo, Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands

Restaurants
Somewhere on the Beach- We had chicken quesadilla, grouper seared, grouper ceviche, fish tacos and hamburger, chips and salsa—all good. It was my husband’s favorite ceviche of the trip. My Father did not like the seared grouper (but I’m not sure he realized how it was prepared when he ordered it!). Nice atmosphere, ok service.

Pizza Pizza- We had the following pizzas- seafood, cheese and pepperoni, veggie- good pizza, kind of NY style, better than I expected—but note that it doesn’t have the full menu that the other location does—we went to the one very close to the West Bay Club. We ate there instead of ordering it in the room. Another night we tried to order it for delivery, but just kept getting a busy signal and gave up.

Da Conch Shack- We had conch fritters, conch soup, grouper fingers, fried grouper, fries, peas and rice, mac and cheese—I did not like the fries but my family did (thicker cut fries with skins). Really liked the fried fish and conch fritters! Favorite conch fritters of the trip. Loved the location on the beach and there were also some great photo ops.

Upstairs— We had to wait an hour and a half for our food— that is just too slow and they gave us a 15% discount and offered us free dessert. We did not take them up on dessert because we didn’t want to wait for it! The burgers were very good (aside from them putting sauce on mine that I asked for on the side and it not being cooked like I asked). My sister had pizza which was just ok. Cracked conch was great but the conch salad was not very good. Liked conch fritters at Da Conch Shack better than the cracked conch here.

Tiki Hut for ribs and chicken night- My favorite meal of the trip. I had the chicken and both that and the mashed potatoes were delicious. Family had the ribs which everyone enjoyed. My sister had the pizza which was just ok. Husband also had conch salad and it was just ok. The food came out pretty quickly. We were a bit early for our reservation, but they kept seating walk ins ahead of us. It could have been because we were a larger party, but still annoying. We were seated a while after our reservation time because they were waiting for the people at our table to leave. I couldn’t figure out why they just couldn’t give us a different table as there were some open.

Magnolia’s- the shrimp tempura was great. The special of manicotti was just ok (sauce was too sweet for my taste). Chicken dish was my sister’s favorite of the trip. My Husband had the app of tuna tar tar (he loved that), shrimp, mozzarella with balsamic and veges, and spring rolls. Onions soup was also good. They had happy hour specials from 4-6 with wine for 5 or 6 dollars, well drinks 5 dollars and select beers were $3. Warm bread was delicious as was the chocolate cake and banaoffee dessert. It would be nice if they would start serving dinner earlier at this time of year so the sunset could be enjoyed during it. We did go early at 5:30 for drinks—but that was still a little late for sunset. Our dinner reservation was when they opened for dinner at 6. Great service at this restaurant.

Las Brisas—we sat on the gazebo right on the water—that water color is amazing! Best view for sure. Service was pretty fast. They had my kind of fries (thin and crispy!). Chicken tenders, burger, chicken sandwich and crab cakes were all good, Conch fritters and fish ceviche were good, but not the favorite of the trip.

Mango Reef- This restaurant had a great ambiance, right on the beach at the Alexandra. NaDa played that night. The staff were very friendly and the service was efficient. We had the coconut shrimp, wings, tenderloin, salmon, thai tuna salad and mango and scallop salad. Warm chocolate cake and crème brulee for dessert. All were delicious!

Atlantic Bar and Grill (at West bay Club)- I did not eat there, but my family did—they had chicken tenders (good), burger (just ok), chicken sandwich (good), and pizza (ok). The food in general at the restaurant was fine, but nothing special.

Coco Bistro- Loved the ambiance here eating under the palm trees outside. It was just my husband and I that night. Unfortunately, my husband didn’t feel well so he didn’t really enjoy his food. He had the conch two ways and lobster bisque. I had the ribeye. It was good but not anything special. But the crème brulee for dessert was wonderful! Overall the restaurant did not live up to all the hype for me.