Edinburgh Stories and Tips

A Must on your list!

Edinburgh Castle Photo, Edinburgh, Scotland

My objective was to photograph the beauty of the city, and Edinburgh didn't disappoint me! I started early and walked the entire day. I started on Market Street, near Waverly Station, on the nearby bridge. Beautiful views of Edinburgh Castle to your left and Calton Hill on the right. There is usually a piper on the corner of Princes and Market Streets. Follow Princes Street up to Princes Street Gardens, and take a leisurely stroll. You have beautiful views of the castle all through the gardens. I chose to walk completely around the perimeter of Castle Rock, and the Grassmarket area was next. It's filled with pubs and shops, and I lunch in the square (I suggest Castle Rock or Oink). I continued my walk up Victoria Street, past the pretty pastel colored shops and restaurants. From the Palace, you have several options. You can continue on to Calton Hill, or catch a hop on hop off to see Arthur's Seat. There is a convenient taxi stand on the Mile right before Holyrood to get you where you want to go. Allow at least four hours for a leisurely stroll; even more if you plan to visit any of the attractions along the way.