Singapore City Stories and Tips

Valentine’s Day in Singapore and a Travel Lesson

Exploring Singapore Photo, Singapore City, Singapore

Our romantic get away to Singapore, got off to a rough start at the airport in Bangkok.

We had a terrible time with the Singapore Airline . I booked and paid months in advance using a credit card .Because I didn’t have the actual card with me that I used to purchase the tickets ,we were denied boarding .We had Passports and Birth Certificates and my husbands identical credit card .but it wasn’t accepted .We had to buy another ticket on a much later flight for more money!! The airline wouldn't or couldn't do anything for us.
Strangly enough on the return trip , they didn't even ask to look at our credit card our passport was enough!!Another travel lesson learned.

On the bright side even with our late arrival ,we had time for a drink at the famous Raffles Hotel. ( a Singapore Sling of course) and a nice diiner at Clarke Quay.
This is a fun place to go for good food and the nightlife. There are so many restuarants it's a hard pick but we decided on Fish Tales Restarant.
Everyone just cruises around reading menus and picking a spot with a good seat and view if possible. There are lots of choices . Cuisines range from Chinese, Indian, Western, Indonesian and Seafood.

We tried the chili crab . Being from Nova Scotia , we're no stranger to shellfish , but I have to say this was different and very good. Be warned it is messy though.

Singapore has many ethnic districts that are so much fun for shopping and eating .Over the next couple of days we explored them all.

China Town- some good bargains and lots of tasty cheap meals.

Arab Street - although we didn't eat there the food looked pretty good . It was amazing to walk through the narrow sidewalks overflowing with all the beautiful textiles . I bought a couple of gorgeous prints for table cloths and at about $5.00 each I wish I had bought more. There were tons of silks to chosse from as well.

Little India- The aromas of the spice alone make it worth it to go.

For the very best shopping though it is hard to beat Orchard Road . Fun for those who love to shop and even for those who don't.

Note : if you want a cab make sure you are in a designated cab stopping spot ...otherwise you will be out of luck!!