1. Everything is expensive. Everything. The pound is not the dollar's friend.
2. Don’t assume Covent Garden is an actual garden. It’s actually a really nice area with a lovely outdoor and indoor market.
3. Wear comfortable walking shoes, especially on the days where the Tube workers decide to go on strike...
4. Almost every museum is free, so take advantage of it!!
5. All elderly, British women look like Mrs. Doubtfire and/or the Queen. It’s amazing.
6. You don’t have to tip at restaurants!
7. Eat as much Indian food as you possibly can. You can find an Indian restaurant on almost any street. Guaranteed.
8. Nobody talks to each other on the Tube. Bring a good book or an iPod.
9. All male bartenders in pubs are attractive, it’s like a requirement or something. So don't be afraid to strike up a conversation. The British are friendlier than they look!
10. Everyone is so damn fashionable. For the ladies, dressing in tights or leggings is definitely the norm. Black is everyone's favorite color.
11. They don’t believe in to-go boxes for food or "doggy bags" and if you ask for one they might look a bit ticked off.
12. The Queen’s last name is Windsor. I NEVER KNEW SHE HAD A LAST NAME! Okay, that probably makes me sound like an idiot. She obviously has a last name, I just finally learned what it is…