Aruba Stories and Tips

Restaurants Around Aruba

Restaurants around the Island- the food and service in general was great. We didn’t have one bad meal!

Gianni’s- We had a great meal here. We both had rigatoni- mine was four cheese and my husband had it with peas and artichoke hearts. We ordered the brownie for dessert and it was one of the best I ever had. The service here was great. We did have a bit of delay to be seated because they lost power. But we just enjoyed drinks at the bar until they got their generator running. I do have to say that this was a large restaurant directly across from the high rise area and I felt like I was still in America. It did not have much of a Caribbean ambiance.

Chef’s Table- Another great meal! I had the fish and chips and my husband had the creamy fish soup and a duck special. All were delicious. Then for dessert they had little shot glasses of sweets that you could order. I had a strawberry cheesecake one that was delicious and a chocolate and vanilla one that was just ok. My husband enjoyed his apple pie and chocolate mousse varieties. We loved the ambiance of this restaurant- we sat in the outdoor courtyard and I felt more like I was in the Caribbean here.

El Gaucho- This was our favorite meal of the trip. Probably the best steak I have ever had! I had never had Argentinian beef before—I wish you could get it in the US! I had the petite filet, and it was only $20 including the sides (but not salad). I was very surprised that it was that inexpensive. My husband had the ribeye (much more expensive than mine) and he also said it was one of the best steaks he had ever had. My sides were just ok, but my husband really enjoyed his. For dessert we had the cheesecake which was great.

Rum Reef- we had lunch in this outdoor restaurant near Baby Beach. The colorful lizards running around were very entertaining. We both had burgers and fries which were good. Make sure you only order one side of fries for two people though, because the portions were large!