A list of 10 tips to help make your cruise go smoother while sailing with Carnival.
1. The casino gives free lanyards. On request, they will punch a hole in your cruise card for you, and the lanyard can be worn with your card so that you won't lose it during the cruise.
2. On embarkation day, plan to eat lunch in the MDR (main dining room) as the buffet lines tend to get ridiculously long. The dining room offers a far better ambience, less crowds and good food.
3. If you wake up hungry in the middle of the night, there is pizza on the lido deck available 24 hours. You can order as much as you like. It's all included in your fare. Ice cream is always there as well.
4. Alcoholic drinks are not included. So if you like to drink, I suggest you create a budget for this. Beers start at around USD$4, and cocktails start at around $6.
5. Most ship excursions/tours are really expensive if booked through the cruise line. I recommend to book tours independently. Simply make sure that you will be able to arrive back to the ship long before it is set to sail.
6. The wait staff puts on a show after every dinner in the main dining room. You can tell when the fun is about to start, because the lights start to flash.
7. If you are planning on bringing many electronics, like myself, you will need to pack an extension cord, as there are not many outlets in the cabin.
8. If you forgot anything of importance, such as items of clothing, aspirin etc., the stores onboard will have them in stock.
9. Photos onboard cost anything from USD$15 for regular shots, and USD$23 for elegant photos.
10. The drinks that are in your room are not free. You will be charged for any that you consume.