Antigua Stories and Tips

Antigua...Land of Sun Sea and Sand

On a tour of the island Photo, Antigua, Antigua and Barbuda

Antigua is the larger of the twin island state of Antigua and Barbuda. It's 106 square miles is filled with powdery sand beaches, friendly locals and a colorful culture. There are many attractions here than I viewed or took part in. The rainforest canopy tour was by far the bravest venture I dared here, and it was loads of fun. Other points of interest include the rocky cliffside tourist site of Devil's Bridge, the beautiful port of English Harbor and my favorite beach, Long Bay. Antiguans are very helpful to visitors and I had many questions for them. Needless to say, my stay there was a breeze thanks to the countless suggestions that the locals gave to me. I snorkeled, rode in a dune buggy, and strolled along the streets of St. John's, Antigua's capital. I always felt safe, and even went out at night a few times with friends. The nightlife was very lively, with upbeat music and good strong drinks. The alcohol is very affordable there. There are many tours which may interest future visitors. I for one, did the Antigua Helicopter tour and went out on a speed boat to one of the offshore islands, Bird Island. Antigua is a gem in the Caribbean, and I would recommend a visit to all.