Benxi Stories and Tips

Conclusion - Benxi Future English School

Benxi Future English School Students Photo, Benxi, China

While this review may sound negative, I’m only highlighting the truth and facts of teaching in Benxi. This isn’t an easy teaching position and if you aren’t committed or dedicated to your job, then the experience will be a rough one and most likely end in the termination of your contract.

If you are willing to put the effort in and realise in advance the possible problems of teaching here then the experience has the potential to be highly rewarding. After getting to know my students and their parents, it was they that gave me my best moments. Their generosity and friendship made my time in China unforgettable. If you don’t have this chance though (with the constantly changing schedules) I can imagine the experience could be hollow and anti-climatic.

I made the mistake sometimes of focusing too much on the negatives (as mentioned in this review) of teaching in Benxi. It’s hard not to sometimes. The conditions under which you teach often get you down. If you let them get you down, then it’ll be hard to take as much from the experience as you can. If you do stay positive and think you can cope with everything outlined above, then teaching in Benxi has the possibility of being a very rewarding experience.

Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in teaching in Benxi and have any questions.