Jamaica Stories and Tips

The Best Trip Ever!!!

We were at the resort Sandals Dunn's River Villagio Golf Resort & Spa in Ocho Rios, Jamacia from Jan 10-17, 2009. From housekeeping to management: The hotel was beautiful with all the Italian influenced stone work and the beautiful carvings of animals in and around the resort. From our room you could see the ocean what a view! To our lovely cleaning lady Karen who kept our room so nice and clean. Tumar & the rest of the pizza crew-best oven pizza ever! The gentlemen who kept the beach so clean and took us snorkeling which I will never forget. We saw such beautiful colored fish and the reef was so surreal. To the gentlemen at the outside grill and Milton at the outside bar with his crew, the food was awesome and both areas served you fast and drinks made the right way. Always with a smile and sometimes a song! To Vavonne who took me for a hobby cat ride, I’d never done that before. He took along the shore and out into the waves it was GREAT plus he’s a pretty good singer himself. As for the dining and the inside bar area, you can’t get better service or food and drink anywhere else. I have eaten at regular dining to very expensive dining and they far pass the best that I have had including in Chicago. The breakfast buffet that we had every morning had everything you ever could imagine and the food was great. You could get any kind of omelet that you wanted plus a huge variety of delicious food and the waiting staff was always right there when you need them for you coffee or whatever. The entire waiting staff at the resort was the best of the best. Great coffee I must say yummm.
As for the outbuildings such as the Piano Bar, outside restrooms, courtyard, and poolside they were always so clean. The areas were swept every morning just like the beach area which was raked every morning and lounge chairs put out by the pool and beach were so nice and clean. They truly did a fantastic job. The vegetation in and around the entire resort was outstanding! The gardening and maintenance people truly should be commended on their job. The Management and front desk people were always there when and if you needed them and the Red Lane Spa ladies had everything you needed or wanted for personal pampering yourself from couple massages to manicures, pedicures and anything else you needed.
Who could forget the photographer, Star! He did such a great job with all our pictures. They all turned out great including me sleeping a way in the chair, can’t get more relaxed than that.
The night entertainment was fantastic! There were shows every night and the entertainers were well one word sums it up…WOW! Plus there were different time that we got to interact with the entertainers like I got to play the big steel drums. That was so much fun; I could have done it all night.
But the greatest was the play makers. Their names are Shanna, Machel, Shanice, Shenece, Cacelia, Marlan, Ray and the tallest man on the island- Duran . They did all kinds of games to get people to interact, did shows, sang (Marlan please just say no ) wow what voices. They had such upbeat energy even at Midnight. They all were so nice and fun to be with they all were like magnets. They worked so hard yet we all had such a great time. They always made you feel good and had all kinds of fun things to do. One of the things that they did was have a Jamaican day were you got to learn about Jamaica, it was so interesting! They truly are the Best of the Best right along with the rest of the employees at the resort.
We HIGHLY recommend this resort!!! You just can’t get better! So ya man come on down and relax its no problem let them take care of you and stress just melts away!!!!