Florida Stories and Tips

Southern Comfort Lounge & Grille
17 N. Ocean Blvd (A1A)
Pompano Beach, FL
954-786-6008

We found this restaurant through Restaurant.com and were pleased with our dining experience. Located in the Lighthouse Cove Resort right on the beach, this is really not a beachfront (or waterfront) dining experience. The restaurant is set back a bit and overlooks the resort's swimming pool and another restaurant's outside patio seating area.

The menu was somewhat limited but did provide for choices ranging from burgers and sandwiches to entrees including steaks and fish. As a bar (lounge) they did have a very vast assortment of appetizer offerings. Speaking of being a bar, they had outstanding adult beverage prices. David had a tall Jack (Daniels) and 7-up which was $3.50 and I had a pina colada that was $4.00. We were there around 6:00pm and they did advertise happy hour so perhaps we benefited from happy hour pricing.

For dinner David did the chef's creation mahi mahi while I had the coconut shrimp. Both entrees were served with a salad, our choice of potatoes and a mixed veggie medley. We both thoroughly enjoyed our dinners . . . and did choose a strawberry swirl cheesecake to share.

It was obvious why they are marketing through Restaurant.com as the place was really dead. Perhaps it was that we were early during the dinner hour . . . or the fact that it was New Year's Eve and folks would be going out to dinner later in the night. Not sure, but we pretty much had the place to ourselves with the exception of one or two other couples . . . and a small group of locals drinking around the bar.

This place also provides free use of the pool tables (there were two or three) if you are there as paying customers (dining or drinking). They also feature a Wednesday night poker league. I don't know much about that but you can find out more by making a call to them I'm sure.

Our dinner including the adult beverages, dessert and tip was $50. Considering our $25 g/c from Restaurant.com, we paid just $27 for our meals . . . an outstanding value!

NOTE: This was written as an "experience" and not a restaurant review because I could not get the IgoUgo site to allow me to add this establishment to their restaurant data base.