Playa del Carmen Stories and Tips

I Think I Should Go To Playa del Carmen

I have traveled to Playa del Carmen three times in my relatively short life span. It was interesting to witness the amazing growth in this city, about an hour south of Cancun along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico. From massive construction projects, to absolutely stunning beach-side villas, Playa del Carmen continues to showcase this extensive growth that makes it such an attractive travel destination.

Playa del Carmen retains much of the small fishing village atmosphere that gives it its charm and appeal to tourists. I remember walking down the main street before Playa was essentially discovered as a favorite alternative to its party-loving neighbor, Cancun. Shops were bright and open, the people extremely friendly, and the food was varied and distinct.

Aside from mega all-inclusive resorts, there are numerous Playa del Carmen rentals to be found at http://rentalo.com/vacation-rentals/playadelcarmen/ offering beach views, seclusion and the ultimate villa experience. It is not difficult to find lodging, particularly at http://rentalo.com if you are traveling with a partner or with a family. During one of my stays in Playa, my family and another family shared a gorgeous villa with lofted bedrooms and a horizon pool, perfect for viewing the European style, Mexican beachfront.

During one of my visits to Playa del Carmen, we rented a private boat, which drove us around the ocean to different snorkeling spots. It was a fun and adventurous trip, one that can be easily arranged through any local trip planner. Our family also traveled to Xcaret. Xcaret is a naturally enclosed water theme park that offers a unique experience to snorkel, hike, and explore the natural beauty of Mexico’s forests and lagoons. This was a memorable experience.

For a great guide to other attractions around Playa del Carmen, you can visit Frommers to find out more exciting opportunities.

Playa del Carmen’s close proximity to Cancun and Cozumel provide outlets to larger and more extravagant trips, but the subtle charm and simplistic life-style of Playa del Carmen truly makes it a diamond in the ancient Mayan peninsula.