Medora Stories and Tips

Shopping Around Medora

Taffy Shop Photo, Medora, North Dakota

The Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation runs several different shops around town offering different types of merchandise. My favorite shop I went in was the Dakota Cupboard shop. This shop offers a variety of cookware and food products including many things made right in North Dakota. One thing I thought was cool were the flavored honey products made in North Dakota. I also like the wax tarts that resembled pies and had pie scents. Another unique store is the Teddy’s Bears store, which is kind of like a Build a Bear, but authentically the original Teddy Bear or at least that is what they advertise. Lastly another store worth stopping at is the End of the Trail shop, which is for all the discounted merchandise from the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation shops.

Besides the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation shops there are also some independently owned and run shops in Medora. The main one of these worth a stop in is the Rushmore Mountain Taffy Shop. They have a large variety of flavors. You can pick and make your own mix or you can purchase one of the prepackaged mixes. The fruit packaged mix looked the best to me and in fact that is the one I purchased because it had pretty much the same ones as I was going to ask them to mix for me.