St. Kitts and Nevis Stories and Tips

Pooja

Our trip to St. Kitts was quite a memorable one. Upon arriving on the island, we were greeted by the hotel concierge who took us to the very lovely Marriott hotel. The people were very nice, the place was pleasant, the weather was just awesome. We enjoyed our time at the resort and had time to relax, play, and even golf. And what a course it was! We enjoyed dinner at Marshalls which was minutes away from the hotel, From there, we went to the strip where they have a line of bars. Good music and atmosphere. Among the other restaurants, we also dined at Mr. X's shiggidy shack, and might I add, they had the best lobster I have ever tasted. Monkey bar was fun, I learned that it is owned by world champion retired boxer, Roy Gumbs, and we got to chit chat with him, that was quite nice. We also took a trip to see the old Fortress called the Brimstone Hill and took a hike up to the volcano. That was quite an experience, so natural and so beautiful; we saw lots of monkeys. Of course, no trip would be complete without shopping! And that we did at the new Port Zante. A lot of duty-free stores but the one in particular which we felt the most comfortable was IC Jewelers Duty Free. From the moment we stepped into the store we felt welcome. We met the owner, Kamal, and his wife, Isha. The store was very beautiful and they have some very prestigious brands at very good prices. Swarovski, Mont Blanc, Baume & Mercier, Lladro, Longchamp, Hidalgo, Faberge, Waterford, Technomarine are what I can remember. I purchased from them, and now that I am back home, I realize how much I have saved. I highly recommend anyone who is looking to shop to definitely stop by them. Before we left, we took a trip to Turtle Beach on the last day and from there, took a boat tour to Nevis and back; a lovely island. All in all a very good trip and I will definitely go back to St. Kitts.