Myrtle Beach Stories and Tips

Thanks Grandma!

I am three years old and wanted to go the beach so bad. I kept seeing the water and the sand on television; it seemed like so much fun. My mom and dad always said we will go soon, they have to work. Grandma is disabled but I know she loves the beach; she was always talking about it, so I asked her to take me. She never tells me no. She didn't let me down and I did not mind at all when she said it will be just her and I. I couldn't wait. Finally after what seemed forever my grandma and I packed up her car with my bucket for sandcastles and a bunch of other stuff. All I know is I needed a towel, my swimsuit and my bucket.

We got to this place Grandma called Shore Crest, we put up our bags and things; since it was getting late Grandma said we will go to the beach in our shorts and sandals. I grabbed my bucket and away we went. All I could say was "wow" when I saw the ocean, all the waves and the sand. Grandma asked what I wanted to do first and I said "sandcastles". That's what I did on our first evening at the beach. Grandma had her movie camera so when we went back to the room I got to watch myself making sandcastles, running away from waves and everything. I yelled and screamed like I was still out there by the water. It was so much fun. I helped her cook dinner that night she told me I was her "Big Man". I took a bath in a big tub in the room it was like a swimming pool, grandma let me put on my goggles so I could look underwater.

The next day after breakfast we went to the beach really early. We stayed to way after lunch time. I had so much fun. Grandma and I looked for sea shells, ran from waves and I made castles in the sand and used my shovel to knock them down again. We started back to the room and we went to this shower outside. That was fun washing off my feet and hands in a shower outside. Grandma had to drag me out, I really liked it. We went upstairs to our room and ate lunch on the terrace. We could look down over the people's heads. I kept telling everyone "Hi". I could see other buildings and the beach. We watched some video of the beach, it was funny. After I took a nap grandma and I went for a walk. We saw a lot of friendly people, we even saw dogs. I took another bath in the huge bathtub after dinner and went to bed.

The next day we went to the beach one last time. I wanted to get some more seashells for my mommy and make one more sandcastle. I helped grandma pack and we sang songs on the way home. Thank you Grandma for such a good time I talked about it for days afterwards. I can't wait to go again.