Las Vegas Stories and Tips

Wet – A Weird Name for a Spa

Treasure Island Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada

For the last four trips, my friend and I really liked getting spa treatments as the Luxor Hotel’s Oasis Spa, but the spa menu had been cut back this year and we wanted to try something new. The Venetian’s Canyon Ranch Spa’s prices were way too high – I would’ve needed a massage before and after the bill, so we decided that we’d try T.I.’s new spa, Wet. The award for weirdest spa name and marketing brochure goes to T.I., but they had a good range of treatments, many with half hour options, and fair prices for Vegas. Once you check in for your treatment, you have use of all the facilities for that day until 10pm, including the gym, which normally charges a $35 facility fee.

Crazily enough, I made use of the gym, and it was pretty nice. TVs positioned just right for the cardio equipment, and a large selection of weights. Towels are rolled up and placed on each machine, in case you forgot to grab one, and bottled water is provided.

There is a spa changing area, and you’re provided a locker with a robe and slippers inside.

After a workout, a massage is a good idea. I had made an appointment (they take them 30 days in advance) for a one-hour massage. I had to tip up front, which I thought was odd, but okay. And I’m pretty bummed that I did this, because I certainly wouldn’t have tipped as much after.

The massage was “nice”, and relaxing, but I went in with a tight shoulder and came out with a tight shoulder. For $125, I would’ve liked to have had those knots worked out. It certainly wasn’t worth the money.

The facilities are nice, but I didn’t get the best massage ever. Try it at your own risk, and tip after your treatment. For me, next year it’s back to the Luxor.