San Jose Stories and Tips

VIP Lounge Costa Rica

SJO VIP Lounge Photo, San Jose, Costa Rica

While waiting for my flight, (I have to be at the airport at least three hours before take off.. I know personal problem right??), I had the opportunity to visit the VIP lounge in the San Jose Airport..

Unlike the Admirals club or some other exclusive lounge this one offers a single day pass for $18 USD.

While the airport is clean, has wireless access, and includes many shops to buy souvenirs, this Lounge was a welcome retreat. It allowed an escape from the crowded terminal and a peaceful opportunity to check email and read.

My favorite part was the local art being displayed. The pieces displayed during my visit were eye catching and ranged from cannons to impressionist faces, and even a few statement minded pieces that related to technology in our current age.

The wireless access was secure and included in the entry price. I had a laptop enabled with WiFi so I took advantage of it, (I did have to ask for a user name and password). Other “lounge-mates” were using the computers supplied by the VIP Lounge.