Ashland Stories and Tips

Places to Eat in Ashland

Morning Glory Café, 1149 Siskiyou Boulevard, (541)488-8636

This was my favorite of the places that we ate. The breakfast selection was especially incredible. Gourmet omelets seemed to be the specialty—I absolutely LOVED the caramelized onion, toasted walnut, and Gorgonzola omelet. The coffee here was also the best I’ve had in a long time. We had one lunch at Morning Glory—Dan had a hamburger, one he said was excellent. My sandwich was…. Morning Glory Café had just a great atmosphere—it was colorful, cozy, and inviting. The staff was excellent also. It was worth the higher-than-average breakfast and lunch prices, for the high quality food and service.

Morning Glory menu
Morning Glory Restaurant

Standing Stone Brewing Company, 101 Oak Street, (541)482-2448

Our friend’s eyes actually rolled back in his head in sheer pleasure after he tasted his first sip of the Double IPA at Standing Stone Brewery. Seriously, I thought he was having some special experience that should have been in private! The food was pretty good too, and the atmosphere here was fun and lively. The historic industrial building is interesting. One night there was live music, and there is deck seating that was perfect on a calm and lovely night.

Standing Stone Brewing Company

Also good were:

Deep’s Indian Cuisine, 31 Water Street, (541)482-7300

Thai Pepper, 84 N Main Street, (541)482-8058

But there were plenty of other choices in many price ranges. We would have to stay much longer to check them all out!

Also check out the Ashland Food Co-op for good healthy hiking and biking snacks.