Hilo Stories and Tips

A Mother & Her Son

This was a very special trip for us. My mother-in-law is getting older (aren't we all) and lives pretty far from us. We had a great time. As you can see from these photos, they are both very happy!!

There is another reason for my posting this particular journal. As you can see from the variety of activities we did here, Hawaii is a place where families can vacation together. In spite of the nearly 30 years difference in ages, we were able to do a lot. Of course, everyone must pace themselves and not do more than physically they feel comfortable with. For instance, she didn't hike the Volcano NP with us after dark, but she enjoyed the trip and was able to stop at the end of the Chain of Craters Road and await our return on a comfy picnic table bench. She loved the beaches and watched as we snorkeled.

Being an active senior, she enjoying the walking tours of the coffee plantations and other historical sites, like those found at Nu'uanu Pali State Wayside and Lava Tree SP. While we do not have children, I'm very confident that three generations can vacation in Hawaii and have a wonderful time experiencing ALOHA!