Las Vegas Stories and Tips

MGM Spa

To those who have never had a massage, run do not walk to your closest spa. Before I went to Vegas I had never had a massage. Sure, I had had numerous pedicures/manicures, but let me tell you they couldn't touch the massage experience.

First off, I'll confess that I was a little nervous. I had never had a massage and totally didn't know what to expect. However, the staff at the MGM Spa was so kind and walked me through the experience.

When I arrived at the spa, I was struck by how peaceful and serene it was. It was decorated with lots of wood and stone accents. It felt light and airy, and completely removed from the rest of the world. The only word that I can use to describe it was tranquil.

After leaving the reception area, we were lead down an enclosed hallway with sky lights and lots of green plants to the changing rooms. I changed into a comfy, white spa robe and was seated in their spa reception room. The room was furnished with fresh fruit, ice water, and tiny cookies. It was a matter of minutes before Stacy, my masseuse, came to take me back. She asked if I had ever had a massage and if there were any areas that I didn't want massaged. She was wonderful. She made me feel totally comfortable and at ease.

Following my massage, I was given full use of the spa's facilities and pool for the day. These facilities included a steam room, a sauna, and a hot tub. It was fantastic. I can't tell you how much better I felt when compared to that morning getting over jetlag and a late night down at the casino. An hour long massage cost about $100 without the tip; however, it was definitely worth every penny. It put me in the right frame of mind for the rest of my trip.