Kuwait Stories and Tips

Trip down to Kuwait City's Science Museum and City Center

This past Saturday my group and I got to take a trip down to Kuwait City. It was a pretty good trip. The weather was slightly humid with just a touch of a breeze but there was not a cloud in the sky. One could view the Kuwaiti Towers from the center, even though the smog obscured the rest of the city, shiny as could be. The inside of the Science Center is impressive. For this month the Imax theater was showing a shark movie and another movie about Black Stallions in Arabia. The center reminds me the educational center for kids that I had visited in Columbia, South Carolina. The only drawback was that most of the books sold in the center's shop were in Arabic, and I only know basic Arabic. Later on we went to visit the City Center Mall which was located right near a slaughter house. The smell in that area was unbearable. When I left the mall, I guess I was use to the smell and it didn't bother me. The City Center Mall has lots of shops and what they call a hyper-market. A hyper-market is the Arabic equivalent of a Wal-Mart. They have everything from food to clothing and even electronics. It was cool to see if you had never seen one before. Unfortunately, I had seen a couple while I was stationed in Qatar. I'm looking forward to our next trip and will let you know about it when it happens. Till then, TTFN!!! (If you want to know what TTFN stands for, I would suggest googling Winnie the Pooh!)