County Kerry Stories and Tips

County Kerry Villages!!

Sheep coming home in Dingle Village. Photo, County Kerry, Ireland

The colorful store fronts and buildings in the many villages of Ireland in general are enjoyable to see and visit. County Kerry has many to offer and some of the best shopping are in those villages.My favorite village is Dingle, on the Dingle Peninsula. It is situated on Dingle Bay, and you can get to it by either going over the Conor Pass on R560 or by N86 from Tralee. Another Route is R561 from Castlemaine along the Dingle Bay. Conor Pass is not recommended in the winter or in bad weather. Dingle is a lively town full of pubs, restaurants, and great shopping.I also love Kenmare at the mouth of the Kenmare River between the Beara and Iveragh Peninsulas and Castleisland that is the hub of many routes including N21, N23 and R577. A gorgeous and lively town—wonderful at night.The small village of Anascaul has some famous charming pubs, especially "Dan Foley's" which is painted a bright pink and royal blue. Tralee is quite large and market day is busy with narrow crowded streets. We tried to find a parking space but had to just keep driving on through.We had a fun memory of Kenmare's market day, only one person showed up with a huge bulk of carrots and a few root vegetables sitting on the pavement. Quill's Market is on the town square also and it is always a great place to find a good bargain on Irish woolens and gifts.There is a nice pub in Milltown called "Larkins" and Killorglin is a cute busy village also. Of course, Killarney is a favorite with many travelers, but a bit too touristy for me. I know I have only touched on just a few, but these are the ones I know of the most and like the best. See which you can discover!!!