Nelson Stories and Tips

Wine Trip through Nelson, NZ

A few years ago, I went on a 2-week vacation with friends to Australia and New Zealand. We had researched New Zealand and found that there was a wine region in the northern portion of the Southern Island called Nelson. We decided to stop there on part of the trip and had an incredibly fantastic time. Nelson is still pretty small (and the wines from there are nearly impossible to find in the States - believe me, I've looked! - if you ever find Seifried's wine, BUY IT IMMEDIATELY!!).

We ended up booking a day trip through the wine region with a small tour company. When we showed up the next morning, it was the three of us, a couple on their 25th anniversary trip, and the driver. The six of us got on like a house on fire, and the laughter and camaraderie just built as we added wine tastings to the day!

The entire trip was special, but that day really cemented for me what is so incredibly awesome about traveling to another country. I spent a day with people who live on the other side of the world, sharing a fun experience, having a great time, and learning that life truly does exist (quite well) outside my own backyard!