Indianapolis Stories and Tips

Indianapolis

Okay, you are probably thinking about what there is to do in Indianapolis, and I thought the same thing too when I first got here. In fact, I am still thinking the same thing.

If you are visiting, I recommend that you come during mid-July during Black Expo. It’s 2 weeks of a celebration of African-American culture in downtown Indianapolis with fun-filled events.

There is also the state fair in August that runs 2 weeks, and that is a good time to visit. Then there is the Circle City Classic during October.

Other than that, Indianapolis can be pretty boring. A lot of people come to go to the Indianapolis 500 in Speedway, but I've lived in Indianapolis for over 10 years and have never been inside the 500. It’s just not my thing—just like how I lived in New York for over 4 years but never visited the Statue of Liberty or any of the other sites. You just don't appreciate stuff when you live near it.

If you want to get your romance on, the perfect and the best place to go is the downtown canal in Indianapolis. It resembles Central Park in New York almost. I love the canal, and anytime of the year it is wonderful to go to the canal. The canal is about 4 miles and change long. The scenery is beautiful.