Montreux Stories and Tips

The Golden Pass Panoramic Rail

I really thoroughly enjoyed the Golden Pass Rail once I got on it and we passed so many fantastic views! The wine vineyard selection along the route was served, a Montreux wine called Swiss Weiss Weine on the menu. It was 20cl and about 7.00 CHF Swiss francs. Reasonable - about $5 in U.S. prices. Fantastic and mellow! It was vins blancs for the white wines. I also munched out on a nice ham baguette sandwich for about 5.90 CHF Swiss francs, about $4 or so U.S. prices. So yummy with the ham and cheese - the cheeses in this region are simply fantastic.

The train ride was so smooth. The sky was azure blue and I could see glacier-capped mountaintops all along the way, making the scenery wonderful. I met some lovely people from Japan along the way. The train conductor will check your pass, so be sure you have first class - highly recommended by me and the experts, pass on you and that it is valid! Gorgeous animals along the way - a zoo of nature! Cows and horses. Vineyards – gorgeous, all lined up. I was honored to be sitting in seat no. 56.

It cannot be surpassed. Only maybe the Orient Express can be near as fun!