Paradise Island Stories and Tips

Too much for just one week

There is so much to see and do in Atlantis. My personal favourite, which I think a lot of people enjoy, is simply walking around and seeing all the sea creatures. We arrived in the evening, and after dinner, we took a walk of the grounds. It took about an hour, but it was amazing and well worth the time! I could have done that for the whole week, but there is a lot more to do than just kick back.

The other thing we spent most of our time doing was sitting by the pool and going on the water slides. The water slide that goes through the shark tank is very impressive and definitely a unique experience. They have drink and snack bars at all the pools and people who walk around to take orders. Half of the pools and the lazy river were closed when we went because the hurricane destroyed them, but we had a great time anyway.

In the lagoon, there is a lot to do, but you want to make sure you go, say, not during hurricane season, because they close a lot of things. It’s also a really great place to go with kids. There were so many people with their kids, ranging from babies to teenagers; it’s definitely a place for the family. Mom can get spa treatments, Dad can go to the bar or gamble, and everyone can have fun at the pools.

There are places where you can go out to the beach, but my husband and I didn't venture out there because there were so many independent vendors who just bug you. You know the type—they offer you some "great" deal and don't leave you alone when you say, "No, thanks." They'll try to sell you everything from daiquiris to half an hour on a jet ski. In the late afternoon, they start to disappear, but unfortunately, we never got to swim in the ocean because of them.

I think there is A LOT this hotel could improve upon, but it is a great experience no matter how much or how little you do. We'll be going back there for sure.