New Orleans Stories and Tips

How to enjoy a road trip

This road trip was amazing. I highly suggest that everyone take one in their lifetime. We flew into New Orleans and stayed there for three days. From New Orleans, we rented a van from Alamo. We took I-10 through to Biloxi, then drove down to Biloxi on the the beachfront and stopped at a Waffle House for breakfast. The casinos there are amazing. From Biloxi, we went back up to I-10 and drove over Mobile Bay before turning down to Robertsdale in Alablama. There we stopped at Sonic Drive-In for a snack. From there, we drove the Gulf Highway to Panama City, turned in our van there, and rented two cars from Avis (no drop-off fees in Florida). We drove to Jacksonville, where we ate at a Cracker Barrel. From there, we headed to St. Augustine, and the next day, we drove to Daytona to go to the speedway and take their tour. Then it was back to St. Augustine that night. After St. Augustine, we drove the Atlantic to Daytona again and inland to Orlando. We went to Universal Sudios Island of Adventure (really a two-day park). The next day, we drove into Walt Disney World for a week. Then, from Orlando, we flew home. One piece of advice: most airlines consider it to be a round-trip even if you are arriving and departing from two different cities.