Copenhagen Stories and Tips

Cafe Andre Part 2

Our last day there, we took our time since we had a later flight and were not in too big of a hurry. While dining on our tarts, juice, and cocoa, a very nice Danish couple came over and asked if they could dine with us. They turned out to be marvelous company and wanted to know all about where we lived and how we had enjoyed our trip.

I can’t begin to convey the warmth of the Danes. The café was not very busy, so there were plenty of tables for them to sit at. They just wanted to make some American friends! On our last day, I thanked the girl at the counter for her wonderful suggestions and told her how much we had enjoyed Copenhagen. She told us to wait there, placed several cookies in a bag, and told me they were for the plane. When I asked how much we owed her for the cookies, she told us nothing, to just enjoy them! Wow! .

Café Andre offers both breakfast and lunch. They are open from 6am to 4pm and also offer a host of bakery delights, including cake, cookies, candy, and other glorious desserts. In fact, we arrived back early at our hotel on the second day and made a dash in to grab a couple of pieces of a yummy chocolate cake for later that evening. They only accept cash. The place is small and not much for decor. It is the kind of place you probably won’t find in a tourist guide. But you will find that the locals enjoy it. And sometimes that is the best kind of place after all! .