Las Vegas Stories and Tips

Night in Las Vegas Photo, Las Vegas, Nevada

We were in Las Vegas Nevada from May 25 to June 1st, staying at a condo in the Fairfield Grand Desert Resort. We had a great time. The temperatures were brutal, as high as 115° on some days. We did a lot of walking in the city and driving outside the city, (with lots of bottled water). We visited all the casinos along the strip and went to the light show on Freemont Street. We saw The Lord of the Dance at New York New York, and the Scintas show at the Rio. We took a dinner cruise on Lake Meade and toured Hoover Dam. We were interviewed by a reporter about the bomb scare that closed the dam and tied up traffic for most of the afternoon.

We spent one day driving out to the dessert and finding the boundaries of Area 51. There we ran into a couple that live in Las Vegas. While exchanging picture-taking duties, we learned that he had grown up one block from Karl and she grew up near my brother, Chuck’s old house. (Small World) The resorts on the Strip were amazing. Each one seemed to top the one before in extravagance and spectacle. I loved Venice and Caesar’s best I think, although they were all fantastic. We only played the slots for about an hour before we left for the airport. I hit a $150 jackpot on my second quarter. That was a great ending to a great week.