Massanutten Stories and Tips

My Thoughts. . .

We really had a great time on our trip, it was very restful and relaxing. . . just what we needed. The only negative comment I have about the trip is probably similar to what many timeshare owners experience: the vultures. As soon as we arrived, we were asked if we wanted to sit in with a rep to learn about the new additions to the resort. . . what they really meant was we want to sell you more.

Now in all fairness, we had intended to upgrade our unit, BUT after discussing, we decided against it and I am glad that we did. I later found out that the "excellent deal" that was being offered to us was a very common deal being offered to many folks that came through.

It may not sound like a huge deal, but the sales manager lied right to our faces about the deal, telling us that what we purchased last year was a one time deal and was no longer being offered to anyone. We met someone our last night there that was offered EXACTLY what we were just told was not being offered to anyone else anymore. I guess my biggest hang up with this is that I was lied to. . . I don't think it is very good business to lie straight up to make the sale. I guess I may be a bit naive.

Other than that, what a great trip we had! I would recommend to anyone to go here. . . just avoid the sales floor at all costs (unless you enjoy being duped).