Nassau Stories and Tips

$60 per person

Nassau Yacht Haven, Nassau, Bahamas
www.seaislandadventures.com

Highly Recommended

This trip picks you up at your hotel for the short bus ride to Nassau Harbor. You then take a 30-minute catamaran ride to Sea Island's private facility on Rose Island.

The trip includes lunch consisting of ribs, chicken, hot dogs, peas n' rice, salad and fruit. You can purchase alcoholic drinks at the bar. Complimentary fruit punch is available throughout the day.

The best part of the day is the snorkeling! There is a shallow reef just off the beach teaming with fish. You can purchase fish food and an underwater camera for $22. The food looks like dry dog food. The fish will eat the food out of your fingers! The jewel fish will take small specs and the large angel fish will try to take the whole piece. Don't worry, the fish don't bite! The reef has fan and brain coral, sea anemones, etc. The water is calm, warm and crystal clear.

In addition to snorkeling, paddleboats, kayaks and floats are available for your use. Life jackets or flotation aids are required for all water activities and are provided. Snorkeling equipment is provided but there is not enough for everyone so you need to sign up for a turn. You get to use the equipment for about an hour at a time. There's enough for everyone to get at least one turn and maybe two. They also provide lessons if you have snorkeled before. We brought our own equipment, so we could snorkel for as long as we wanted. I would recommend bringing your own, especially if you would like to snorkel at other places on your own.

The facility also includes hammocks and lounge chairs. There are plenty of shady spots. My wife found one and had a nice nap while the boys and I snorkeled.

The staff organizes a volleyball game if you'd like to participate. Don't worry about whether you're any good … just have fun!

The Bahamas Trailblazer map has a 10% off coupon if you book directly with Sea Island adventures.

We had a great day! Everyone in my family (myself, wife and two teenage boys) rated this trip highly recommended.