Providenciales Stories and Tips

Beaches Resort Property -Turks & Caicos

Beach 2 Photo, Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands

This is the most beautiful water I have ever seen. If you love swimming or wading in water to your neck and being able to see clearly around you, this is the place for you. The Beaches Resort was absolutely splendid. The grounds were well manicured and very colorful. The resort was very spread out, and the new section was a totally different style than the original. The new section was referred to the French Village and mimicked a small French village. There is a large swimming pool with a swim-up bar, in this part of the resort and the children’s area is close to this section as, well. The main pool is near the lobby, and this is where most of the daily activities take place i.e. pool volleyball, trivia games etc. There is also another large pool close by, but closer to the beach, it has the large waterfall, which you can swim trough. This pool also offers a swim up bar, but it was closed for remodeling while we were there. They have a photographer who comes around during the day and take pictures as you are enjoying yourself at the pool or on the beach.

Their staff is very courteous, and they will make a special trip down to the beach or anywhere you’d like to have your pictures taken (they run $10 per picture).

Beaches Resort offers lots of water sports; we spent a lot of time on the Hobie Cats -- they were a lot of fun. You can sail out to the barrier reef that runs along the coastline of the island. I did find this was the only vacation I’ve been on where I had no desire to travel off the resort property -- it was absolute heaven! We spent 90% of the day on the beach in the water; it is by fare the clearest and most beautiful water I have ever seen. Make sure you get snorkel equipment (included in the all-inclusive package) and snorkel the Fire Reef that is down the beach from the resort. If you’re lucky, you may even get to see Jo Jo, the local dolphin, swim by. My husband was swimming for his scuba diving certification and Jo Jo swam right by the group and underneath one of the guys ahead of him. It was a trip we will never forget.