Ocean City Stories and Tips

Overview / impressions of Ocean City

When planning our vacation this year, we had a few choices of areas we wanted to visit that had availabilities when we wanted to travel. We selected Ocean City above the others based on good things other people had to say about it. We were quite disappointed, but wouldn't want certain people to NOT go there based on our experiences.

Let me back up a step . . . we are a couple with no children, and I think Ocean City is more for families and particularly families on a budget. There’s lots to do with the kids (amusement parks, mini-golf every where you look). We were disappointed with the dining and shopping on the main "strip" -- lots of junk shops, beach stores, t-shirt places, junky jewelry, that sort of stuff. At the end of the boardwalk, we found a section with a couple of nicer gift shops, but that was about it!

As for dining . . . lots of fast food places, buffets, all you can eat for $8 per person, that sort of thing. If you want linen on the table, you have to search!! As I said, it seems geared for families, not couples!

The beaches were great . . . nice and clean, and miles of them! Our timeshare was wonderful as well.

Nice day trip to Cap May, NJ. Take the ferry from Lewes, DE over to Cape May. Now there are some nice gift shops! :)