Navarre Stories and Tips

Navarre Beach

This is the most breathtaking, peaceful place I have ever been. The sand was white and cool -- it never got hot on your feet. The water was green, light blue, and royal blue depending on the depth. It was what I think paradise would look like. We went in early May. It was peaceful and there were only a handful of people there. We drove to Destin to the outlet mall and that area of the panhandle was more crowded. But it was beautiful as well.

So if you want quiet and peacefulness, you will want to stay in Navarre. There are a Winn Dixie and a brand new Publix before the bridge and they are building a Target this next year by Publix. There are about six restaurants and seven fast food places in Navarre and if you want more options you will need to drive about 12 to 20 miles to Ft. Walton, Destin, or Pensacola.

We kayaked, which I have never done before. It was easier than canoeing and lots of fun. There was also a long pier you could walk down for a $1 and fish off of. It was a great place for families and peacefulness. I did hear that at the end of May/early June, it gets more crowded due to school being out.