Providenciales Stories and Tips

Food and Flirting

There's no need for Match.com down at Club Med Turkoise -- just go eat!

It's no wonder so many singles come to Club Med. During the three designated mealtimes, there is actually a roped off section of the dining room for those looking to meet people. After you have filled your tray with goodies from the buffet (Note: all meals at Club Med Turkoise are buffet style), proceed to the "Singles" dining room where, Club Med Matchmakers, ahem, I mean hostesses will seat you at a table of other GMs (Gracious Members, as Club Med visitors are known). It's a win-win situation. If you hit it off with your tablemates, so much the better. If not, there's always the next meal! Okay, so I may have had to suffer through a meal or two trying to avert the affections of some horny specimens from New Jersey. But by my second dinner, I started meeting guys who at least I wanted to join for a drink later at the bar! ,p> Of course, it always helps that beer and wine is free with every meal . . . Although, I can't vouch for the quality of the mealtime booze. My recommendation is to save your drink tickets and go for the bar drinks after dinner.

While the food selection is adequate, and there is substantial variety in the daily menus, don't go expecting four-star cuisine. Remember, you're at an all-inclusive resort and there's a reason it's BUFFET style. But, treats like the chocolate and white-chocolate bread and the seafood-laden Grand Buffet dinner make Club Med dining enjoyable -- even if that Marketing Executive from Toronto didn't float your boat.