Isla de Margarita Stories and Tips

Isla Margarita -- Points of Interest

La Restinga Lagoon Photo, Isla de Margarita, Venezuela

As I had only one day before leaving for Los Roques, we (my boyfriend and I ) met a friendly taxi driver Elisabeth (Elizabeth Rodriguez 0416 695.98.89) who drove us through the entire land of Isla.

We started from LAGUNA OF LA RESTINGA, a natural park of 18.000 acres. There’s a wharf where little motorboats are ready to take you through the channel (canos) -- peace, silence, and nature’s magnificence awaits you. There are thousands of starfish and sea horses. You will simply be delighted with the sense of calm and peace here.

The trip continued with BOCA DEL RIO, the house of fishermen, where we visited EL MUSEO DEL MAR, with its skeleton of whales and fish. PUNTA ARENA is one of the best beaches on Isla. ROBLEDAL and PLAYA LA PARED are very windy. There’s LA GUARDIA, JUANGRIEGO, and EL FORTIN EL LA GALERA. The capital of Isla is ASUNCION, with the Catedral Nuestra Senora de la Asuncion (1536) and LA SIERRA. LA VALLE DE ESPIRITU SANTU is famous for its Chiesa Santuario di Nuestra Senora de la Valle, patron of fisherman and marina. We finally returned, very tired, back to the hotel.