Victoria Falls Stories and Tips

The Falls

The walk to the falls is hot, but not too far away from town. You do pay an entry fee to enter the park, but the view far outweighs this minimal charge. In October the moisture in the air was enough to dampen most travellers; I can only imagine the drenched visitors in wet season (March to May).

We walked through the green forest with glimpses of the falls and then we stumbled upon a thorny makeshift fence that separated us form the Zambezi Gorge. The view from here was wonderful. Wildlife can be seen as we continue to walk along the path, and eventually the sky will open up, flaunting full view of the fall’s edge, which is breathtakingly beautiful. You can walk the other direction from the entrance to see the Devil’s Cataract and a few other views of the falls, which do not measure up to the real deal but are interesting to see.

The Flight of Angels is where you can fly over the falls in a light aircraft and see exactly what the angels do. We were advised not to do the flight by a regular visitor to the area because it was dry season. This I regret. I am sure it would have been magical, so please take the chance if you can, as there is still a lot of water.