Scottsdale Stories and Tips

More details

We had a large group made up of my wife, son, mother, and my sister and her family. We had two nicely furnished two-bedroom condos at the Camelback Resort.

My niece has twin 1-year-old, girls so I called the resort prior to the trip and arranged for a crib and couple of high chairs. They use an outside company that brings these in and everything was ready when we arrived. The cost of these was $67 for the week.

Although an older property (built in the early 80's), it is well kept with a wonderful variety of activities that kept my 11-year-old son busy.

The pool is decent size and the kiddy pool is right along side and completely in the shade, a real plus when the temperature is over 100. There is a bar/restaurant directly by the pool and they will serve you reasonably priced food and beverages right at poolside.

There is also an indoor racquetball court as well as outdoor basketball, tennis, horseshoe, croquet, and putting green. $5 per family gets you access to all of this for the week.

Tip - our condos backed up to the main road (Camelback) and the master bedrooms pick up a lot of road noise. They did offer to move us to a different location but couldn't get us adjoining units so we stayed where we were. I would try and avoid these units if you are a light sleeper.