Dillard Stories and Tips

Sky Valley Resort

The resort has done many changes for the better. They are working on trying to get RCI Resorts of International Distinction award. I think that they may get it in a year or two. They have plans on enclosing the pool and heating it for winter use, and they are in the process of new owners buying the resort and fixing it up even more.

I was impressed with what I saw there. I looked at rooms in Tanglewood and Cypress Point, and they were very clean and up to date. Units had one king bed downstairs and two twin beds in a cute loft each with its own bathroom, full kitchen, dining room, and fireplace.

Resort has plenty of amenities such as skiing, golfing, spa, sauna, workout room,tennis,basketball and a large waterfall on site. In fact the resort even has its own church on site over looking the Smoky mountain''s. It also has a police station that is the size of a large doll house. When you see it you will want to take a picture of it. In the area there is also the Gem mines that kids both young and old will enjoy

I might be a little biased since I am an owner. I visited the resort for the first time and was so impressed that I bought three more weeks there. I would rate this resort a 8.