Nassau Stories and Tips

Cable Beach

Bahamas Photo, Nassau, Bahamas

Hello everybody! We just came back from Cable Beach- Bahamas and we stayed there 9 days. The first impression of the island (New providence) was good except for the people. They are really MEAN with tourists and the man of the Majestic Bus that drove us to the hotel was throwing literally our suitcases like if he hated them! The hotel was great, 3 theme swimming pools, mostly Tropicals and a wonderful sea with palms...maybe the Marriott hotel was too high and was ruining the atnmosphere of being in the Caribbean but who cared....no?

Our Hotel was the Radisson cable beach Resort...if you are going there...this is a good place because is clean but make sure as soon as you arrive that they write down that you want the room clean by 10 am or so because otherwise they will come later in the afternoon...Do not go to the Dolphin Grill because the waitresses there were not nice at all. I suggest to you the nice BIMINI GRILL that has a wide buffet and is 11.95 breakfast and 12$ lunch (all you can eat and fresh food). I don't recommend the evening because for the same food they charge you $25. For the evening walk a bit along the walkers garden outside the hotel that is very nice and full of tropical trees and pass over the casino, the Nassau Beach resort has a nice Cafe' called JOHNNY CANOE where I advice you to go. The trips that you can make while there are different, you can have encounters with dolphin or going to stingray city (I have been there in the Caymans and it was very nice and cute!)

Anyway, we decided to spend the day in Blue Lagoon island that is a private island where there are pristine beaches, you can use all the non motorized water sports and there is lunch included, places to sun bathe and areas of shade under palms with "amache" (will search for the english word as soon as I will get home). Rum Punch free....The only bad part is that all the package isa about $ 60 and the lunch included is one where you should have been away all day till 5 not the wonderful buffet showed on the brochure. The man of the stand in the hotel kinda obliged us to do that tour even if I picked up another pm and stop for snorkelling in several places. That would have been better and the motor yacht probably with less people on. Anyway, Blue Lagoon Island has a walking path where you can walk and find the fave beach you want to stay all the day. I suggest you the one after the PIER where there is the dept. for STINGRAY CITY.Is LONG and with nobody as all the people stop in the first beach close to dock.Try to be patient beause if you ask for a TUBE to float the waters to the lifeguard, they tell you to wait because if they are doing another thing....I told you..locals over there are mean and not cooperative at all with tourists...

In the hotel the nicest things in the morning (after BREAKFAST in the johnny canoe Cafe') it was aerobic at 11 with Patrick (he was kind). And we dedicated all our time after beach (after 4 pm) to exercise in the gymn,the hotel has a nice one...Then, after the trip to Bahamas we got back to Allentown to visit Tony and his family. We saw the Lovetts and in NYC we visited Rupert that was working in Tribeca. We walked a lot around the area---that I know is fancy but I don't like it too much!! We saw Rupert, my friend that I met on the net last year while I was in London.