Kauai Stories and Tips

Saying Goodbye To Kauai

Bali Hai Photo, Kauai, Hawaii

Saying goodbye to Kauai is one of the hardest things we’ve ever had to do.  How can one leave a place behind where time seems to stand still?  Where people actually have a genuine smile on their faces instead of a plastered fake smile?  Where nature itself seems to capture your inner soul and never lets it go? The answer... You can’t.  You have to make a promise to yourself that one day you'll return to this beautiful world of paradise.  For those of you who’ve had the opportunity to make Kauai your home briefly, you know what it’s like.  You know how hard it is to leave this world behind.  I’m sure you (like us) make a vow to yourself that someday you will make Kauai your home permanently.  Just one day, my sweet Kauai, you’ll be my place where I can call you home.

For those of you who have never experienced Kauai, you are missing so, so much.  The lushful beauty, the glorious sunrises and sunsets, and yes, even the people.  You’ll leave a hectic world behind and enter a world of peacefulness.  All of your worries seem to dissipate immediately once you’ve set foot onto this island.  You can see the changes in a person’s face once they’ve landed in Kauai.  I know.  I’ve seen my own face change.  A sense of calmness comes over you and everyone surrounding you.  An ethereal loveliness.

Kauai, our dear Kauai.  Don’t ever lose your beauty, your enchanted world, and your heavenly paradise.  Until we meet again, Kauai.  One day... Someday...