Paris Stories and Tips

Go-Today.com and Voyages a Paris

We purchased our trip through "Go-Today.com," a Web vendor of relatively last-minute, deeply discounted Europoean travel. I was a bit nervous because you never quite know what you're getting off the Web, but it turned out to be a great budget travel experience.

Our package offered a round-trip flight from Newark on Continental, a three-night hotel stay, airport transfers, and tickets for a boat trip on the Bateaux Mouches, all for $399. (The rock-bottom trip price was $379, but you could upgrade your hotel for reasonable sums.) The one unpleasant surprise was that approximately $70 in taxes and fees was added to each person's fare when we ordered. $469 is still a decent price for what we received, but I prefer to know the total charges, up front, before making the original decision to purchase.

Other than that, though, everything went like clockwork. Go-Today provided city maps and lots of information, and we had no problem receiving or using any of the tickets or vouchers. I particularly appreciated the airport transportation service, "Voyages a Paris." We had the same driver on arrival and departure, and he was unusually prompt, helpful and friendly.

To check out Go-Today's current list of travel deals, visit Go-Today.com.