Navarre Stories and Tips

Next Time – Gulf Breeze/Navarre Area

NAVAL LIVE OAKS VISITOR CENTER
Visitor Center Open All Year varying hours check Gulf Island National Seashore.

Location - Gulf Breeze, Florida which is the middle peninsula, not the ocean-most barrier island (Santa Rosa) We didn’t feel the small boys were up to the nature trails this year. On another trip, I want to see the trees that helped build the USS Constitution and other vessels I have toured in other places.

The Zoo
5701 Gulf Breeze Pkwy. (Hwy. 98)
20 minutes west of Ft. Walton, FL
1-850-932-2229
The Zoo

We will save this for a winter or spring trip, when the animals are a little more lively.

Catamaran Rental: On an earlier trip, my Florida brother and I rented a catamaran for an afternoon. It was great to get a different perspective of the beach. When the kids are 8 or so, we will take them out. Of course, maybe they will prefer the speed and excitement of the wave runners instead of silently gliding over the surface and planning every turn. Well, wave runners are available too.

Sailor’s Grill: This is the only other restaurant on the island. We’ll have to try it next time.

Trader Vic’s Caribbean Grill. This restaurant is close to the Navarre bridge on the mainland side. There was no time this trip, so it is on our list for next time.

Fishing Pier: The boys are not fishermen yet. We enjoyed our sightseeing visit to the Okaloosa Island Fishing Pier, maybe next visit they will want to try fishing themselves.