Hong Kong Stories and Tips

Tony the Tailor

I went to Hong Kong for a couple of reasons, to visit friends, experience a new culture, and to come home with a tailored suit. Once I got there, I had the fortune of a really good referal by my friend that lived there. We went down to the Fleet Arcade on Fenwick Pier in Wanchai and talked with Tony. He is a really nice gentleman in his early 40's. After a couple of minutes, we got down to business. We picked out a good fabric and did a little measuring. I was happy that last part went quick. Within a week, he called me to come back for a fitting and within a day, there it was, my first tailored suit. It really did turn out great. And, you can't beat the price. For less than what a tailored shirt would cost in the US, I had a great suit and a shirt as well. Remember though, over there they wear the collars tight. Tell him to make it loose or you'll regret it... Always the entrepreneur, he has also opened a wine and cigar shop. Definitely worth the visit next time you're in Hong Kong. Telephone: 2511-2312.