Sebring Stories and Tips

Tram Tour

In the afternoon you can take a tram tour presented by a park ranger. The tram is an open vehicle pulled by a pick-up truck. The ranger talks from the truck, makes stops along the way, and gets out to talk to the riders. I was happily surprised when I sat down and found the seat quite comfortable.
The tram does take you off the main roads into an area of the park that is not open to visitors. During the over 1-hour tour, we saw many animals and the ranger did a fine job of sharing information, interspersed with wonderful stories. Thank you, Ranger Rick! Yes, his name is Ranger Rick (for those who know the children‘s magazine).

You must buy your tickets and reserve your place on the tram at the ranger’s station, not where you board the tram. You do need to plan ahead and buy your tickets as early as possible. On the Saturday I visited, there was a 1pm and 2:30pm tour and both were full. The tram costs $4 per adult and $2 per child (6 - 12), and those under 6 are free. I highly recommend the tour for everyone.

Website - http://www.floridastateparks.org/highlandshammock/default.cfm